DELTA SIGMA PHI: WHO WE ARE AND HOW WE LEAD
Delta Sigma Phi’s purpose and values define who we are. The belief in these statements gives us
direction and guidance. Our values are what connect our diverse and dynamic brotherhood. Here are
our guiding beliefs:
PURPOSE: Building Better Men
THE THREE FOUNDING VALUES OF DELTA SIGMA PHI:
- Culture, the pursuit of knowledge and growth
- Harmony, bettering ourselves while bettering the world around us
- Friendship, a relationship based in values and secured by honesty, integrity and care
Our founding values are surrounded by these critical values in our daily Delta Sigma Phi lives:
- Knowledge – illuminates the pathway to happiness and success. It is gained through diligent study
- and perseverance.
- Service – is among the noblest of causes. Helping others is not only commendable, it is our duty.
- Integrity – separates us from the unenlightened. We continually strive to do what is right, even in the
- face of extreme difficulty.
- Loyalty- being true to one another and our values in good times and in bad. In Delta Sigma Phi, this
- also is known as “The Pearl of Great Price.”
- Excellence – is our pursuit. We are never satisfied with the status quo and we are constantly striving
- for our fullest potential.
Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity in Convention assembled declares and affirms the following principles:
That the belief in God is essential to our welfare.
That loyalty to the constituted authority of our nations and their subdivisions is a cardinal virtue of our
Brotherhood, the pledged faith of which shall never be broken and that our Brotherhood, receiving the
blessings of liberty, education, and Fraternity, shall ever support, foster, and defend our universities,
colleges, and school systems, founded under the dispensation of our governments and constituting the
bulwarks of democracy for us, for our posterity, and for all men.
That the sanctity of the home and the sacredness of the family bond, the hearthstone of our enlightened
civilization, and the chivalry of man toward woman, shall be maintained and protected by us, not only
for ourselves and our posterity, but also for the good of all mankind.
That a symmetrical culture, a fraternal communion among the colleges of this country, and a brotherhood
of men, whose ideals and beliefs are those of modern civilization, are essential to the welfare of our
In furtherance of these aims, this Fraternity has recognized certain standards of attainment and
gentlemanly conduct, expressed in the ideals symbolically represented by the three Greek letters, Delta,
Sigma, and Phi; and it shall be the constant endeavor of the Brothers who may be called to preside over
and govern the Fraternity, or its component chapters, to further the precepts of the Fraternity by every
reasonable means within their power, and they, and each Brother of the Fraternity shall exemplify those
principles, by conduct as well as enforcement in order that the Fraternity may grow and prosper with
honor to itself and that the world may ever be convinced of the sincerity of our purpose.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR MEMBERS OF DELTA SIGMA PHI
In order to fulfill its solemn obligation to help its members reach the highest standards of educational attainment, moral values, and social responsibility, Delta Sigma Phi Fraternity has adopted the following
Code of Conduct for the daily lives of each of our members.
- I will strive for academic excellence and encourage it in other members.
- I will support Delta Sigma Phi’s policies against the illegal use and abuse of alcohol and drugs.
- I will respect the dignity of all persons and therefore I will not physically, psychologically, or sexually haze or abuse any person.
- I will respect the property rights of others. Therefore I will neither abuse nor tolerate the abuse of private, chapter, or public property.
- I acknowledge that a safe, clean, and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health. Therefore I will work with other members to properly maintain the chapter property.
- I will pay my Fraternity bills and other financial obligations when due and recognize the need for all other members to do the same.
- I will recommend for membership only those men of outstanding personal character, who join me in seeking to achieve excellence in all we do.
- I will exemplify and encourage self-discipline, responsibility, and leadership within my chapter.
- I will work to make my chapter the most respected on campus and within the community.
- I will encourage and support other members in pursuit of the ideals of this code of conduct.